REF NO: TPA/FYJ/12/2023
The Adherence Counselor will work under the overall supervision of the health facility in charge/CCC in- Charge His/her will provide psychosocial counselling in line with the National ART guidelines to achieve maximum adherence outcomes as informed by program priority indicator areas/targets
- Prepare clients to initiate treatment and help set goals for their treatment.
- Help clients develop an understanding of their treatment and its challenges while helping clients develop good treatment-taking behavior
- Conduct psychosocial support and work with identified expert clients to roll out patient self-management over the long term
- Support facilities in rolling out differentiated model of care for all stable patients
- Conduct daily line listing of treatment defaulters and actively carry out follow up and tracing of defaulters and re initiating treatment
- Ensure treatment linkage and defaulter registers are up to date
- In collaboration with the HIV Testing Services (HTS) Counsellors, support Assisted Partner Notification Services (APNS)-Line listing, Index client contact tracing and documenting of client outcome
- Prepare monthly reports on testing and linkage rate
- Coordinate with other CCC staff to facilitate PSSG and patient self-management meetings
- Participate in work improvement team and other multidisciplinary meetings as required
- Responsible for coordinating the activities of OTZ champions and Peer educators in the facilities.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- HIV Service Delivery Program Deliverables
- Linkage to care and treatment>95%
- Retention on treatment>95%
- Viral load suppression>95%
- IPT uptake>95% of eligible clients
- Diploma in counseling/psychology from a recognized institution degree will be an added advantage
- 2 years’ experience in adherence counselling and working with PLHIV in CCC set up
- NASCOP training on adherence counselling will be an added advantage.
- Good report writing skills
How To Apply
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th December 2023 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number TPA/FYJ /12/2023 as the email subject. Interview will be done on a rolling basis and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.