Reports to: CoP
Ref No: PAO/11/2022
The program assistant officer is responsible for providing administrative support to team members throughout the planning and implementation of OVC/DREAMS program in Mombasa County. Their duties include communicating between program participants and managerial staff, creating and updating program schedules and assisting in the planning and managing program events.
specific responsibilities include the following:
- Provide meeting planning and logistics support– activities may include scheduling internal and external meetings, seminars, workshops, and other events as necessary, as well as coordinating event-related logistics, maintaining database of project contacts, and drafting meeting notes/ minutes and coordinating review, distribution, and filing.
- Systematically track all meetings and summarize meeting information and action points into a database.
- Managing the COP calendar
- Maintaining office calendars and sending out reminders of impending appointments
- Typing letters as may be required from time to time
- Support in preparation of grants documents as instructed by the grants and compliance manager
- In consultation with relevant staff, draft project reports and plan and coordinate the production and distribution of monthly activity reports.
- In coordination with communications officer and technical staff, identify opportunities for dissemination such as commemorative days and other events and put together simple communications materials such as flyers and briefs.
- Document program activities by taking photos (along with documentation of consent for all photos), collecting quotes from service providers and caregivers, and developing human-interest stories.
- Coordinate development of content for bi-monthly newsflashes showcasing program highlights and success stories.
- Ensure timely reimbursements of participants taking part in project activities and meetings
- Facilitate hotel bookings, transportation, logistics and other travel needs for project staff.
- Work with finance to Maintain an up-to-date budget tracker for project activities.
- Work with office admin and procurement to maintain an inventory of all project assets and consumables.
- Monitor project schedules and work plans.
- Reserving equipment and conference rooms for presentations and in-office meetings and where possible work with procurement to secure conference facilities for quarterly review meeting
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any other related field.
- At least five years of experience in program administration: provision of logistical support for program activities, inventory management, monitoring project schedules and work plans, and ensuring compliance to policies.
- Demonstrated communications experience—including, identifying dissemination opportunities, developing communications materials, and documenting activities through reports, human interest stories and photos.
- Demonstrated ability for workshops/trainings preparation.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th November 2022. indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number PAO/11/2022 as the email subject. Interview will be done on a rolling basis and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
“AMURT is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child safeguarding.”