Ref No PI/02/2022
Strategic Leadership and management
- Responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management of the project as well as the achievement of the goals and objectives of the project in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure strong communication and coordination with all team and consortium members as a means to effectively achieve program objectives. Encourage transparency among and between consortium members to promote coordination and effectiveness.
- Lead the planning of project activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, AMURT regulations, best practices and donor guidelines.
- Design strategies, partnerships and interventions to guarantee the project is gender and ability-sensitive and that AMURT and implementing partners are accountable to beneficiaries.
- Primary point of contact and collaboration for the team and in-country stakeholders, including DONOR, implementation partners, government partners and other key stakeholders.
- The PI should embrace the shared vision for the project and effectively manage available financial and human resources to make that vision a reality.
- Strategic Engagement and Donor Relations
- Direct and oversee grant implementation, ensuring that all strategic objectives are met through proper design, staffing, implementation and quality assurance
- Represent the program and AMURT to DONOR, Government of Kenya, UN agencies, implementing, technical partners and other appropriate bodies.
- Ensure effective liaison with local government officials, local communities, donor representatives and other stakeholders as appropriate
- Constantly look for more effective and efficient implementation and opportunities to increase impact
- Monitoring, Reporting, Documentation & Knowledge Management
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems.
- Submit timely accurate and quality reports that meet donor requirements
- Document and disseminate project best practices, lessons learnt and success stories
- Budget Management
- Manage grant/project budget within approved spending levels and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to donors and AMURT.
- Ensure grant/project expenses are reasonable, allocated as per assigned budget, prudent and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure low risk audits
- A Master’s degree in social sciences, public health, medicine, management, business administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in a senior role leading a complex technical service delivery program of similar sPIe and dollar value.
- Seven years of demonstrated experience in partnership building, especially with government representatives, donors, the private sector, and local community organizations.
- Proven ability to manage technical assistance teams and ability to integrate teams of professionals around common goals
- Familiarity with DONOR and PEPFAR programs, their history and their development; mastery of DONOR regulations governing such programs
- Excellent managerial and operational experience, preferably in managing large donor projects involving coordination
- Past experience of working with DONOR supported projects and knowledge of financial rules and regulations at a senior level.
- Experience in developing program work-plans, budgets, managing implementation, staff and short-term technical assistance.
- Excellent performance track record
- Experience in integrating teams of professionals around common goals and motivating through visionary leadership.
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills,
- Excellent Relational skill s
- Keen understanding of the unique political dynamics of the country and ability to work carefully and collaboratively and maintain performance expectations in diverse cultures
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV (Not more than 3 pages),
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, 3 paged CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11th February 2022 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number the email subject. Interview will be done on a rolling basis and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
“AMURT is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child safe guarding.”