REF NO: PTL /02/2022
Key Performance Areas:
- Lead programme planning and innovation on HIV prevention services for project team, including adaptation of evidence- and/or science-based approaches.
- Maintain oversight of prevention programming and ensure that project objectives related to the social, behavioral, and structural aspects, and targets are met.
- Provide technical guidance, mentoring and capacity building on HIV prevention issues.
- Lead development of HIV prevention tools and materials.
- Work with training staff to identify training needs for the frontline staff and inform planning of trainings on prevention services.
- Work with sub-partners to provide technical oversight to prevention service components.
- Lead review and validation of technical documents, training materials and policy briefs to meet national and U.S. government guidelines, as well as international standards.
- Strengthen HIV prevention focus; case finding and case management; linkage to HTS, care, and treatment; retention among both children/adolescents and their caregivers.
- Work closely with stakeholders and implementing partners to create demand for health services.
- Assist health facilities to develop systems to enhance the linkage into care for patients referred from community testing events.
- Engage communities to improve the quality of care for retention in care and adherence to treatment.
- Facilitate data utilization, including guiding routine project performance monitoring, ensuring use of analytical data to inform effective QA/QI.
- Manage and supervise Prevention team members on project.
- Serve as member of project senior management team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in public health, social sciences, social work, child development, education or related field. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 8 years of work experience in designing, implementing, and managing HIV and sexual reproductive health-focused prevention services of similar sPIe and size, with experience in Lesotho highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with PEPFAR programming, including HIV prevention and programming for adolescent girls and young women.
- Familiarity with Kenya’s institutional, policy, and programming context for HIV.
- Demonstrated skills in project reporting, preferably for PEPFAR funded programmes.
- Demonstrated writing and presentation skills.
- Experience managing the process of using mobile devices for client management and data collection.
- Dynamic leadership skills and high level of personal integrity.
- Creative, resourceful, flexible, energetic with sound judgment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, while also being a team player.
- Flexible with ability to work under pressure.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, 3 paged CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11th February 2022 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number the email subject. Interview will be done on a rolling basis and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
“AMURT is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child safe guarding.”