As a Sub Recipient under AMREF Health in Africa, AMURT is implementing the Global Fund TB Project – in Marsabit, Samburu, Kilifi and Lamu Counties. The project aims at accelerating the reduction of TB, leprosy and lung disease burden through provision of people-centered, universally accessible, acceptable and affordable quality services in Kenya. AMURT wishes to recruit the following position based in Nairobi office for a period of one year with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds.
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce/ accounting with 3 years of experience in project accounting.
- Must be a certified accountant for the last three years.
- Knowledge and experience working in donor funded projects.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Evidence of previous generation of quality and timely project financial reports.
- High level of integrity, values, ethics and competence.
- Demonstrate high level of creativity, innovation and analytical thinking.
- Knowledge in donor compliant, budget reviews and analysis.
- Compile and analyze financial information to be used in preparation of financial statements.
- Ensuring financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Responsible for reviewing support documents received from Project officers.
- Preparing payment requisitions and relevant documents and processing for payment.
- Ensuring timely payments of monthly bills and utilities to vendors, suppliers and clients.
- Preparing bank reconciliations and follow up on any outstanding items.
- Continuous support to the finance officer in budget and forecast activities
- Support Finance officer when called upon to analyze expenditures and provide budget reviews
- Ensuring that all inventory and assets records are well maintained in the assets register, periodically reviewed and verified in line with the organization and partner’s policies
- Supporting finance team and the manager in preparing for audit by providing all necessary documentations
- Ensuring that vat listings are maintained and applications for exemptions submitted in a timely manner
- Ascertain that all financial reporting deadlines are met in accordance with the GF guidelines.
- Scanning vouchers and Uploading surrenders in the Navision portal once they have been approved fully.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and integrity of financial data.
- Maintaining filling systems
- Support by participating on the monthly stock take with accountants and departmental heads, review of variances and undertaking a stock valuation and sharing the report with the relevant managers
- Performing other office duties assigned by the supervisor
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to email@example.com by 21st July 2023 by COB indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number FA/GF-TB/07/2023 as the email subject. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted as interviews will be done on a rolling basis. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.