AMURT seeks to recruit a MEAL OFFICER for Tujitegemee program which is a five-year program under Kenya Health Partnerships for Quality Services (KHPQS) funded by USAID PEPFAR to implement OVC & DREAMS Programs in Mombasa and Kilifi counties
The job holder will work under the DCOP and in close collaboration with the management including the Project Coordinators and Managers. She/he will be responsible in supporting strategic communications, fundraising and income generation activities in support of all AMURT Programmes and new initiatives consistent with AMURT’s Strategic Plan. The job holder will play a key role in the organization’s communications and marketing.
- Support the key team on documentation of best practices and reports and best practices
- Responsible for developing, supporting and promoting the program goal through messages development, social media content creation, media outreach, developing and disseminating materials that increase the program visibility, creating strategies to effectively engage beneficiaries and quality reporting.
- Responsible for branding and marking
- In charge of all communication issues for all project s
- The advisor to the program on all compliance issues to do with branding and marking
- Will play a key role in supporting the COP and team in engaging the county in private partnerships
- Maintaining &updating fundraising database of donor contacts.
- Work closely with the Executive Director COP, DCOP and Managers to ensure that all donor reports are prepared to quality standards in compliance with contractual obligations, maintaining a tracking system to ensure that all reporting deadlines are met.
- Raise awareness of AMURT via its services, successes and plans in Kenya and Africa through digital and social media platforms, the press, etc.
- Coordinate and manage AMURT’s communication channels and materials including print, video, publications, website maintenance and social media activities to raise the profile of AMURT among various target audience including donors, development partners, farmer associations.
- At least a degree in Business Administration, Communications, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies or a related course from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 5years’ relevant working experience in fundraising, with proof of having raised substantial long-term funding from a broad range of sources including corporate, local and international donors.
- Experience in development and implementation of a fundraising/resource mobilization strategy.
- Experience in writing project concept notes and proposals
- Experience in monitoring, implementation and reporting of project activities.
- Relevant training in resource mobilization / fundraising.
- Strategic approach: Ability to contribute to the development of AMURT’s fundraising approach with regards to the donor community and to develop fundraising tools and mechanisms, whilst ensuring that AMURT’s reputation for integrity and institutional independence are upheld and enhanced.
- Creativity and innovation: Ability to develop and adapt innovative approaches and replicable strategies for fundraising, through the analysis of trends and experience and the consideration of lessons learnt.
- Adapting and responding to change: Ability to challenge and question common resource mobilization practices and previous approaches, to adapt to changing circumstances and needs, and to identify and prioritize valued projects.
- Planning and organizing skills: Ability to coordinate and facilitate timely reporting of results and successes to donors and other key stakeholders.
- Communication skills: Ability to make presentations that catch and maintain audience interest; and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills: a) Ability to build networks and strategic alliances and maintain relationships with key donors and other partners, with tact and sensitivity, b) Ability to develop detailed knowledge and understanding of priorities and the areas of interest of partners whilst sensitizing them to AMURT programmatic activities.
- Proficiency in using Windows Operating System as well as Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Have strong relationship management.
- Excellent time management.
- Team player with excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate deliverables/outcomes.
- Good understanding of financial management and reporting processes.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st May 2022 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number COMM. OFFICER/05/2022 as the email subject. Interview will be done on a rolling basis and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
“AMURT is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child safe guarding.”