Reporting to: Clinic Admin
AMURT HEALTH CARE CENTRE seeks to recruit a clinical officer who will be based in Nairobi clinic.
- Provide comprehensive and high-quality clinical services including (Take/review the patient's history to ascertain the right clinical examinations and treatment and prescription of treatment) to patients.
- Order investigation and interpretation of results for diagnosis and explain the results to the patients and the intended treatment.
- Diagnose and institute appropriate treatment, prescriptions, and carry out other treatment activities while ensuring that established treatment protocols are effectively followed.
- Refer patients to other departments for further investigation such as laboratory and x-ray.
- Attend to emergencies presenting to the clinic and recommend referrals for cases that cannot be managed.
- Ensure that all required observations and vitals, prescribed treatment and procedures are carried out and documented in the system.
- Conduct minor surgeries in minor theatre
- Create phenomenal patient experiences, including counselling and sensitizing patients through health talks on preventive and promotive health.
- Ensure effective clinical procedures, rules, regulations which are consistent with organization procedures and MOH guidelines.
- Participate in outreaches/medical camps or other activities such as health talks or community programs.
- Handle patient data/ information confidentially at all times.
- Prepare the weekly reports and attend weekly clinic meetings.
- Ensure that the clinic environment is safe and complies with infection control standards.
- Actively participate in clinical training programs, including on-job training and skills building.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery from a recognized institution.
- Registered with Clinical Officers Council and have a valid practicing license
- Minimum of 1 years of work experience after internship in a hospital setup and two years’ work experience in an outpatient facility
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Outstanding patient interaction/customer care skills are a MUST.
- A Result oriented team player
- Demonstrable leadership, Organization and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a big team
Female Clinical Officers are encouraged to apply. All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to email@example.com by 26th March 2021 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number as the email subject. INTERVIEWS WIL BE DONE ON A ROLLING BASIS and Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
“AMURT is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child safe guarding.”