AMURT seeks to recruit an Assistant Social Worker for USAID Tujitegemee program which is a five-year program (currently in year 4) under Kenya Health Partnerships for Quality Services (KHPQS) funded by USAID PEPFAR to implement DREAMS Program in Mombasa County.
Program implementation and training.
- Assist the social worker in rolling out and implementing Evidence Based Interventions targeting Adolescent girls and young women.
- Assist in identification of AGYW eligible for DREAMS from health facilities, child and community welfare settings.
- Assist the social worker in overall management of the DREAMS program and adolescent safe spaces at the ward level.
- Assist in identification of safe spaces in collaboration with AGYW and other stakeholders and ensure that the safe spaces are equipped and stocked with commodities, safe and well branded.
- Work with service providers to ensure that AGYW receive age-appropriate service layering.
- Support the social worker in ensuring that the EBIs of Healthy Choices for a Better Future, My Health My Choice, SHUGA, SASA, FMP, Sinovuyo are implemented to reach the targeted AGYW.
- Liaise with link health facilities to facilitate referrals and outreaches for biomedical services and commodities availability and that AGYW are receiving youth friendly adolescent services.
- Assist in facilitating male sexual partners mapping and outreach services to reduce risk of male sexual partners of AGYW.
- Assist in Facilitating mentorship session for AGYW and high achiever mentors.
- Assist in identification of mentors.
- Assist social worker in Coordinating the work of mentors and facilitators in the ward, keeping records of their activities and work plans.
- Represent the program in meetings at the ward or sub county level as interested by the social worker
- Assist social worker in Producing Monthly Ward Narrative and Data Reports
- Asssits the social worker in facilitating monthly review meeting with Mentors and facilitators
- Assist in office administrative issues, including records keeping, payments, and other key issues.
- Identify and develop Program human success stories to share on the organization’s social media platform and with partners.
- Work with the program’s communication officer to develop program communication materials and organization’s brand enhancement
Program Monitoring & Evaluation
- Ensure that all activities are reported as per the M&E SOP.
- Orient mentors and facilitators on enrolment and service uptake documentation on ODK.
- Ensure that the activity registers and AGYW files are well documented and secured at the safe space.
- Work with the program M&E to track the layering of services.
- Track and implement graduation readiness for AGYW in the program.
- Assisting in data keying in, preparing activity reports and monthly reports in time for team reflection.
- Assist social worker with safeguarding issues in the safe spaces
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor from time to time
- A minimum of Diploma in Social Sciences, Community Development, or related field.
- Must be Trained Facilitator or Trainer of Trainers in an EBI.
- A minimum of one-year experience implementing adolescent focused programs is required.
- Should be Computer Literate, work well with MS Word and MS Excel and Internet research methods.
- Highly motivated to learn and work in a high-performance environment.
- Willingness to learn, tackle challenges and seek creative solutions in everyday assignments.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both Verbal and written.
- Must be able to meet urgent and last-minute deadlines, work with grace under pressure, and function well in a high-performance team.
Able to clearly communicate in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
Up to 80% of travel time to Tujitegemee program sites
Key Working Relationships:
External: Representatives of the GOK, LIPs, other stakeholders, and the community
“AMURT is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child safe guarding.”
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16th October 2023. indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number ASST.SW/DREAMS /10/2023 as the email subject. Interview will be done on a rolling basis and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification. Local candidates are encouraged to apply.