USAID 4BetterHealth Project is a 5 years’ PEPFAR USAID-funded project with St. John’s Community Centre’s (SJCC) as the prime partner and the overall lead in a consortium of five partners.
Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT) as a consortium partner will provide Technical assistance to consortium members LIPs to enhance CMA competence and referral systems for OVC service delivery improvement
This is a service delivery activity focusing on OVC affected or infected by HIV/AIDS. The Project Goal is: To improve the quality of life of OVC and their families by providing greater access to and uptake of quality health and social services. The Geographical coverage includes; Kajiado, Nakuru, Muranga, Machakos, Makueni, and Kitui Counties
To deliver the above Technical role, AMURT seeks to recruit qualified persons to fill the PROJECT OFFICER CASE MANAGEMENT POSITION
REF NO: PO/CM/4BH/01/2022
Reports to: Technical lead social services
As a key member of the 4 Better Health Project team, you will monitor and report on all project activities related to Case Management/social services with respect to OVC in support of 4 Better Health work serving targeted beneficiaries. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve. You will coordinate closely with other 4 Better Health Project Officers to contribute to a holistic, integrated, and comprehensive project implementation.
- Support the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of all assigned 4 Better Health project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with OVC Project guiding principles and standards from the donor.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Assist local implementing partners (LIPs) in their efforts to reflect on project experiences
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting LIPs in their efforts to collect and analyze project data in line with specified mechanisms and tools.
- Collaborate with LIPs to prepare quality reports per established reporting schedule.
- Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of LIPs, provide technical support and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities, assist in identifying information for case studies /reports on promising practices and actively engage in dissemination and use of relevant knowledge.
- Represent 4 Better Health project in relevant meetings at county and Sub County including technical working groups and other events.
- Forging relations with the County government, GOK, LIPs, other stakeholders, and the community
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all assigned project activities as per donor and standards and established schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Health sciences, Public health, or a related field. Master ‘s degree will an added advantage
- At least 6 years of progressive work experience in the field of child health and development, adolescent and young people focused integrated Project in, HIV/AIDS, and other health-related projects in Kenya and for an NGO.
- In-depth understanding of donor expectations for Project results, outcomes, impact, and reporting.
- Experience in participatory action planning and engagement of stakeholders at various levels.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Excellent understating of department of child services -GOK and how OVC services are integrated for roll out at County level.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong communication, relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings
- Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
- Good technical writing skills
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented.
Able to clearly communicate in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
Up to 80% of travel time to 4 Better Health LIP project sites
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Project Officers OVC
External: Representatives of the GOK, LIPs, other stakeholders, and the community.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates, and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11th February 2022 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number PO/CM/4BH/01/2022 as the email subject. The interview will be done on a rolling basis and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
“AMURT is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child safeguarding.”