The Technical Lead – House Hold Economic Strengthening (HES) will be responsible for the overall design and effective roll-out of all HES activities in targeted Mombasa and Kilifi counties, under the USAID Tujitegemee program. He/ She will provide overall technical guidance and oversee the planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of age-appropriate and gender-responsive project activities on HES. This will also entail capacity strengthening through training, accompaniment, and technical support to Senior Project Officers – HES, project staff, and LIPs in support of Tujitegemee project HES activities. The TL –HES will appropriately work with the Private Sector to link savings groups with Financial Education (FE) marketing training, Private sector financing, entrepreneurship, and franchising opportunities. His/her thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact to beneficiaries and eventually graduating targeted households. H/she will coordinate closely with other Tujitegemee Technical Leads and staff to contribute to a holistic, integrated, and comprehensive project implementation.
- Lead in technical design, planning, coordination, implementation, and monitoring of all HES project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan
- Ensure all HES interventions are in line with Tujitegemee program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, GOK/county government guidelines, and good practices.
- Provide technical leadership to Tujitegemee Local Implementing partners on all household economic strengthening interventions
- Work closely with Technical Leads on DREAMS, Case Management and Health to adapt existing approaches that would enhance HES interventions, and develop appropriate tools and benchmarks to track household progress
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Assist local implementing partners (LIPs) in their efforts to reflect on project experiences
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting LIPs in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with LIPs to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Provide capacity strengthening to LIP staff through trainings, workshops, facilitated group interactions, as well as accompaniment through regular communication, and site visits to support the successful implementation and monitoring of HES project activities.
- Collect information on technical assistance needs of LIPs, provide technical support and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities and assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices. Actively engage in dissemination and use of relevant knowledge in the field.
- Represent Tujitegemee project in meetings at county and cluster levels, working groups, and other events as requested, to support forging relations with the GOK, LIPs, other stakeholders, and the community.
- Spearhead strategic engagements with private sector and other stakeholders in expanding economic well being of targeted beneficiaries and households
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all assigned project activities per donor and Tujitegemee project standards and established schedules.
Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Natural Resource Management, Social Sciences or a related field. Master’s degree will be added advantage
- At least 7 years progressive work experience on household economic strengthening programming, preferably in an NGO
- At least 3 years’ supervisory and coordination experience in household economic strengthening
- In-depth understanding of donor expectations for program results, outcomes, impact, and reporting.
- At least 5 years’ experience on Savings-led Microfinance models- SILC, VSLA, Community-based savings for empowerment- Saving for Change etc
- Experience in economic strengthening of communities through social assistance, asset growth and promotion and income growth.
- Knowledge and experience of SMART Skills and Pathway to Prosperity and their application in improving livelihoods
- Experience in participatory action planning and engagement of stakeholders at various levels.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong communication, relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings
- Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
- Good technical writing skills
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Detail- oriented and excellent time management skills
- Able to clearly communicate in written and spoken English
Up to 70% of the time to Tujitegemee project sites
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Senior Project Officers – HES
Reports to Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
External: Private Sector Providers, Community, LIPs and relevant GOK departments
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th January 2021 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number as TL/HES 01/01/2022 the email subject. Interview will be done on a rolling basis and Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
“AMURT is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child safe guarding.”