Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT) is a voluntary charitable nongovernmental organization, registered in Kenya as a non-profit organization in 1993. AMURT has implemented over 22 projects countrywide and has supported and worked with local communities, local administration and organizations offering development services. AMURT’s focus areas include healthcare, emergency relief, OVC support, education, income generation and capacity building, HIV/AIDS, MNCH, TB control, Nutrition, WASH and Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD). AMURT has programming experience and presence in 9 counties including Nairobi, Kiambu, Homa-Bay, Siaya, Samburu, Marsabit, Mombasa, Kilifi, and Lamu. AMURT wishes to fill in the following positions for Global Fund TB project in Kwale County for a period of one year. The project aims at strengthening community health systems for improved TB management
- Key liaison person with SCHMT, SC/TB/CO and other County health Officials
- Coordinates and supports Field Officers in Strengthening CUs within Lunga Lunga sub-county
- Key Link with Health facilities supporting referrals of community TB cases
- Coordinates Field Officers to effectively conduct project activities
- Coordinates with SCHMT and Sub-county Community health Focal persons on implementation of project activities
- Organizes and facilitates quality review meetings with PFOs and other stakeholders
- Compilation of regular project progress reports and weekly updates for submission to the Programs Manager, SCHMT, Donors and other stakeholders (as may be required)
- Carries out any other responsibility as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Degree in community health ,Public Health or Nursing/ Clinical Medicine with a strong Public Health or community health background
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience coordinating donor-funded community health projects, especially on integrated TB/HIV/Malaria
- In-depth understanding of Community Health Strategy and operations of community units in Kenya
- Extensive hands on experience in conducting social and community mobilization for health especially in the area of TB/HIV.
- Experience working with and engaging County and Sub county health management structures in health interventions.
- Clear understanding of current practice Trends and practices in the prevention and treatment of TB/HIV
- Experience in implementing Global Fund community TB projects and understanding of community health issues in Lunga Lunga sub-county, Kwale county will be an added advantage.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd October 2018 indicating current and expected Salary. For more details on job description visit www.amurtafrica.org.Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number. KWALE residents are highly encouraged to apply. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted, and processing of applications will be done on a rolling basis.
“AMURT is committed to zero tolerance on all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff”.