AMURT seeks to recruit a qualified Laboratory Lead for an anticipated Large health program In Kenya. The project Laboratory Lead will be responsible for technical expertise, coordination and supervision of all laboratory activities within several counties in compliance with national and donor guidelines and policies, provide technical support and supervision to ensure that the laboratory services meet established safety standards, are well coordinated and efficient and meet established quality standards.
- Prior experience with capacity building and clinical training of health personnel for improved service delivery in resource-challenged settings.
- Responsible for technical leadership and oversight for the project team on efficient laboratory systems and networks for HIV and TB diagnostics, ensuring coordinated and efficient specimen sample collection and transfers, results transmission and reasonable turnaround times
- Responsible for technical assistance and capacity building support to project program officers and facility laboratory personnel for expansion of quality laboratory services including improved access to laboratory diagnosis and monitoring through HIV testing, virologic monitoring, CD4 testing, early infant diagnosis (EID) and new innovative TB diagnostics to support provision of quality integrated HIV services at health facilities in liaison with County and Sub County Medical Lab Coordinators and NTRH lab department.
- Provide oversight, technical assistance and capacity building to establish, strengthen and expand the laboratory network between project supported care and treatment facilities in Nairobi County.
- Support capacity building and technical assistance to project program officers and facility laboratory personnel on reagent/commodity forecasting, quantification, procurement and consumption reporting in liaison with County and Sub County Medical Lab Coordinators, NTRH lab department and the national supply chain mechanisms.
- Support capacity building and technical assistance to project program officers and facility laboratory personnel on laboratory related QA/QC, lab equipment maintenance and related service contracts in liaison with national laboratory reference labs and equipment vendors.
- Work in close collaboration with the project management team and Nairobi CHMT and NTRH to strengthen laboratory systems and services to offer improved access to laboratory diagnosis and monitoring in support of provision of quality integrated health services.
- Work in close collaboration with the M&E Lead to strengthen Laboratory Health Management Information Systems for commodity reporting at facility, sub-county and county levels and NTRH.
- Represent the project team at technical/stakeholder forums with the county and national government, the donor agencies and other implementing partners on laboratory related matters.
- Advise and ensure compliance with implement infection prevention and control, biosafety and biosecurity across project supported health facilities providing HIV and TB testing services.
- Degree in medical laboratory sciences or related qualification. Post graduate qualifications in medical laboratory sciences, public health or related disciplines will be an added advantage.
- Minimum five years progressively responsible experience in implementing PEPFAR laboratory strengthening service delivery programs.
- Proven track record of providing mentorship and supervision for strengthening laboratory services and training in quality improvement approaches.
- Good knowledge on lab commodity management, reporting and LMIS, biosafety and biosecurity and quality control protocols
- Experience working with MOH structures and personnel and good knowledge of laboratory related health systems strengthening.
- Strong programming, management, technical and critical thinking skills to facilitate program implementation.
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation and report writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with efficiency and diplomacy, as part of a team effort
- Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS office.
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination.
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines in a complex implementation environment.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV (Not more than 3 pages), certificates and relevant testimonials to email@example.com by 28th February 2021 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number as the email subject. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“AMURT is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child safe guarding”