Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT) is a voluntary charitable nongovernmental organization, registered in Kenya as a non-profit organization in 1993. AMURT has implemented over 22 projects countrywide and has supported and worked with local communities, local administration and organizations offering development services. AMURT’s focus areas include healthcare, emergency relief, OVC support, education, income generation and capacity building, HIV/AIDS, MNCH, TB control, Nutrition, WASH and Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD). AMURT has programming experience and presence in 9 counties including Nairobi, Kiambu, Homa-Bay, Siaya, Samburu, Marsabit, Mombasa, Kilifi, and Lamu. AMURT wishes to fill in the following positions for Global Fund TB project in Kwale County for a period of one year. The project aims at strengthening community health systems for improved TB management.
- Works closely with CUs at the ward level in strengthening community health interventions
- Supports CHVs to conduct regular household mapping
- Supports CHC Quarterly review meetings, and support day-to-day operations of CUs
- Engages health facilities, CHEWs and PHOs in effective implementation of Community TB interventions project activities
- Provides structured and regular support supervision to Community Health volunteers
- Compiles and submits weekly/monthly reports to the Project officer.
- Implements project activities under the guidance/supervision of the Project officer.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Minimum Diploma in public health, community health , social sciences or any other health discipline
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience implementing donor-funded community health projects, especially on integrated TB/HIV/Malaria
- Good understanding of Community Health Strategy and community units operations in Kenya
- Demonstrated solid experience working at grass root levels in community mobilization for health .
- Experience in working with and engaging SCHMT/CHMT in community health interventions .
- Sound experience and knowledge surrounding treatment and prevention of the spread of TB at community level, case notification and clear referral procedures of TB cases to health facilities and their follow up
- Experience in implementing Global Fund community TB project, and understanding of Lunga Lunga sub-county will be an added advantage
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to email@example.com by 22nd October 2018 indicating current and expected Salary. For more details on job description visit www.amurtafrica.org.Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number. KWALE residents are highly encouraged to apply. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted, and processing of applications will be done on a rolling basis.
“AMURT is committed to zero tolerance on all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff”.