Job Title: Project Coordinator
Reports To: (PROGRAMS MANAGER)
Position Type: Fixed Term
REF NO PC/MWENDO/04/2018
AMURT is implementing a 5-year orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) program, dubbed MWENDO in Partnership with CRS, which seeks to empower local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV and child protection systems and services and the linkages between them, including cross-sectoral service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery for OVC, Caregivers and their households.
Reporting to the PROGRAMS MANAGER, the Project Coordinator is responsible for the overall planning, coordination, implementation and reporting of the project ensuring that team members effectively undertake their roles within defined project strategies and approaches and that project risks are managed. The project coordinator will ensure that adequate systems are in place, staff are well trained to undertake their roles, staff are supervised and account for their results, resources are optimally utilized and properly accounted for, project objectives are being addressed and that project successes are documented and managed. He / she shall ensure that linkages with the local, sub county and county stakeholders on OVC is effective and responds to the case management and coordination of care approach for service delivery.
Project Coordination and Supervision
Works with the project team members to develop responsive monthly workplans and ensures prudent allocation and utilization of resources.
Holds regular staff and community meetings to review progress, address emerging issues and plan for subsequent actions.
Coordinate all support supervision activities by staff ensuring that CHVs and field agents are adequately provided with the support they need to undertake their roles.
Continually communicates to the MWENDO technical officers on project progress, challenges and support required to deliver on the project objectives.
Ensures that all the activities being implemented are conducted within a process that enhances community ownership, participation and contribution for sustainability.
Takes lead in developing working relationships and linkages with national and county government line ministries as well with other OVC actors in the region of implementation.
Service delivery to OVC and their caregivers
Supports project team members to recruit, assess, develop case plans, implement, monitor and exit OVC and their caregivers who have achieved their household care goals.
Takes lead in the implementation of the case management and coordination of care approaches to OVC and their households.
Supports project team members to work with the community based workforce to deliver services to OVC and their caregivers. These services shall include but not limited to health and nutrition, education support and vocational training, psychosocial care and support, protection, house hold economic strengthening and provision of care and shelter.
Supports the project team to design, initiate and implement sustainability actions for caregivers and CHVs for long term support to OVC.
Works with the project team to ensure that quality improvement practices are adopted and responds to the service standards for OVC programing in Kenya.
Capacity strengthening of the implementation structures
- Takes lead in all the capacity strengthening actions ensuring that capacity building is structured and responds to the needs of the caregiver forums, CHV cluster groups, locational and sub county area advisory councils, SILC groups among other entities as may be defined.
- Works with project team members and the organization management to address capacity gaps as identified through the SRFMA and HOCAI ensuring that capacity strengthening actions responds to the gaps and that desired results are being realized.
Coordination of Care to OVC
- Works with the DCS to strengthen the capacity of sub county and locational area advisory councils as well as that of volunteer children officers to undertake their functions and support MWENDO interventions.
- Supports case conferencing activities by the area advisory councils and or technical working groups established to deliver integrated care services to OVC and their households.
- Continually updates and guides project team members on emerging issues in OVC programming, alignment to national strategic plans and policy directions as well as on compliance to the child protection and child safe guarding policies.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge management
- Conducts routine support supervisions and spot checks to project sites and project teams to ensure compliance to standards and quality service delivery to OVC and their caregivers.
- Works with M&E team to ensure that the they adequately undertake their M and E functions within the acceptable project standards for effective reporting and accountability for results.
- Supports project team members to identify, document, and disseminate knowledge products to build on evidence based practices in OVC programing.
- Responsible for timely monthly and quarterly donor reporting. Ensures that the M and E team effectively utilize CPIMS, manage data and use data for decision making.
Supervises Household economic strengthening officer, M and E officer and social workers.
Bachelor’s degree (with at least 2 years’ experience’) in sociology, community development, project management or related field from a recognized institution of learning.
- Relevant experience on project management techniques, sustainability approaches, quality improvement, financial management practices, sustainable livelihood approaches and approaches to project monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning
- Familiarity with PEPFAR guidance and minimum service standards for OVC programming.
- Excellent analytic and computer skills; skilled in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Excellent report writing skills.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as good judgment and vision
- Excellent organizational skills, team work and ability to prioritize tasks in a timely manner
- Sound coordination skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates diplomacy, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office).
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to email@example.com by 20th APRIL 2018 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number PC/MWENDO/04/2018 as the email subject. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
“AMURT is committed to zero tolerance on all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff”.
Offer ended on April 20, 2018