Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT) is a voluntary charitable nongovernmental organization, registered in Kenya as a non-profit organisation in 1993. AMURT has implemented over 22 projects countrywide and has supported and worked with local communities, local administration and organizations offering development services. AMURT’s focus areas are emergency relief, OVC support, education, health care, income generation and capacity building, HIV/AIDS, MNCH, TB control, Nutrition, WASH and Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) in 9 counties. AMURT is located in Central region, Nyanza region, Samburu County and Coastal region of Kenya. AMURT seeks to fill the following positions under Comic relief –Malezi Kamilifu project which aims at strengthening community-based systems in Kilifi County to improve integrated childhood development, targeting children under five and their caregivers. The project will empower caregivers and frontline community workforce to address gender and structural barriers, and build economic resilience for the young mothers.
- work closely and collaborate with Ministry of Health, Department of children services and other stakeholders to ensure targeted children under five (primary target) are healthier and secure in the two sub counties.
- building capacity of CHVs on nutrition education using MOH curriculum.
- Work very closely with department of children’s services to strengthen child protection systems
- Improved enrolment and learning in ECD though engagement of community-based sensitization of caregivers on the importance of optimal early childhood development, and mobilization for ECD enrolment.
- Enrolment of targeted young mothers for market-driven TVET courses, and income generation activities for caregivers.
- Sensitize caregivers and young mother on entrepreneurship skills to enable them become economically self-reliant.
- support CHVs and Volunteer Children officers in responding to child protection issues at the community level, especially targeting young children.
- support training of selected ECD centers on use of locally available materials in collaboration with DICECE, Ministry of Education and county Department of ECD.
- conduct support supervision to the field staff and address any challenges that arise in the course of project implementation.
- compile monthly report, success stories and lessons learned for onward submission to the programs manager and the donors using the provided template.
- Ensure activities are within the budget and that all activities are tracked.
- Degree in community health, social sciences or related studies with 5 years’ experience in coordinating projects
- A team player with experience in project management
- Wide experience in coordination and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Experience working in Arid & Semi-arid areas highly preferred, especially kilifi county
- Experience working in donor funded health projects, especially Comic Relief is a plus
- Good training, facilitation skills will be highly required
- Excellent community mobilization skills, and experience working with, County government and other partners
- Good communication, analytical, report writing and presentation skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to email@example.com by 27th December 2019 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number as the email subject. Only short listed candidates will be contacted as interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
“AMURT is committed to zero tolerance on all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff”.