Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT) is a voluntary charitable nongovernmental organization, registered in Kenya as a non-profit organisation in 1993. AMURT has implemented over 22 projects countrywide and has supported and worked with local communities, local administration and organizations offering development services. AMURT’s focus areas are emergency relief, OVC support, education, health care, income generation and capacity building, HIV/AIDS, MNCH, TB control, Nutrition, WASH and Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) in 9 counties. AMURT is located in Central region, Nyanza region, Samburu County and Coastal region of Kenya. AMURT seeks to fill the following positions under Comic relief –Malezi Kamilifu project which aims at strengthening community-based systems in Kilifi County to improve integrated childhood development, targeting children under five and their caregivers. The project will empower caregivers and frontline community workforce to address gender and structural barriers, and build economic resilience for the young mothers.
- Receive completed forms, verify and validate for completeness, accuracy and integrity.
- Enter data from paper formats into computer files or database systems.
- Type in data provided directly from project sites
- Update existing data whenever required.
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested.
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost.
- Verifying and keying in data in the system.
- Help in retrieval and storage of beneficiary files. accordingly and whenever required during DQAs and SIMS exercise.
- Provide data for and participate in monthly data review meetings.
- Perform regular data cleaning to ensure quality data in the system.
- At least a diploma in IT or any related field.
- Proven experience as data entry clerk or equivalent for at least 2 years.
- Data entry & data cleaning experience in projects would be an added advantage
- Experience in training CHVs in data collection tools is a plus
- Fast typing skills; Knowledge of touch typing system is strongly preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.).
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices.
- Basic understanding of databases
- Positive attitude & an open mind.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Ensure proper filling system is in place in accordance with Comic Relief file management SOP.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th December 2019 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number as the email subject. Only short listed candidates will be contacted as interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
“AMURT is committed to zero tolerance on all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff”.