Reports To: M&E Officer
Position Type: Fixed Term
REF NO: DATA/MWENDO/04/2018
AMURT is implementing a 5-year orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) program, dubbed MWENDO in Partnership with CRS, which seeks to empower local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV and child protection systems and services and the linkages between them, including cross-sectoral service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery for OVC, Caregivers and their households.
Reporting to the M&E Officer, the Data Assistant is primarily responsible for data entry of F1A, F1B & HES data into CPIMS. The role also includes continuous data cleaning, verification, validation and updating of the CPMIS database
- Ensure proper filling system is in place in accordance with MWENDO file management SOP
- Receive completed forms, verify and validate for completeness, accuracy and integrity
- Enter data from paper formats into computer files or database systems
- Type in data provided directly from project sites
- Update existing data whenever required
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost
- Verifying and keying in data in CPIMS/OLMIS
- Help in retrieval and storage of OVC files accordingly and whenever required during DQAs and SIMS exercise
- Provide data for and participate in monthly data review meetings at LIP level
- Perform regular data cleaning to ensure quality OVC data in CPMIS
Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none):
At least a diploma in any related field. A degree will an added advantage
- Proven experience as data entry clerk or equivalent for at least 2 years
- Familiarity and experience with CPIMS/OLMIS in OVC programming
- Data entry & data cleaning experience in USAID OVC project would be an added advantage
- Experience in training CHVs in OVC data collection tools is a plus
- Fast typing skills; Knowledge of touch typing system is strongly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Basic understanding of databases
Skills and Abilities
- Sound coordination skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates diplomacy, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with and in teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as good judgment and vision
- Excellent organizational skills, team work and ability to prioritize tasks in a timely manner
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th APRIL 2018 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number DATA/MWENDO/04/2018
as the email subject. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
“AMURT is committed to zero tolerance on all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff”.
Offer ended on April 20, 2018