AMURT is implementing an orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) program, dubbed MWENDO in Partnership with CRS, which seeks to empower local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV and child protection systems and services and the linkages between them, including cross-sectoral service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery for OVC, Caregivers and their households.
Reporting to the MEAL Officer, the Data Assistant is primarily responsible for data entry of F1A, F1B & HES data into CPIMS. The role also includes continuous data cleaning, verification, validation and updating of the CPMIS database.
- Ensure proper filling system is in place in accordance with MWENDO file management SOP
- Receive completed forms, verify and validate for completeness, accuracy and integrity
- Enter data from paper formats into computer files or database systems
- Type in data provided directly from project sites
- Update existing data whenever required
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost
- Verifying and keying in data in CPIMS/OLMIS
- Help in retrieval and storage of OVC files accordingly and whenever required during DQAs and SIMS exercise
- Provide data for and participate in monthly data review meetings at LIP level
- Perform regular data cleaning to ensure quality OVC data in CPMIS.
- At least a diploma in IT or any related field. A degree will an added advantage.
- Proven experience as data entry clerk or equivalent for at least 2 years
- Familiarity and experience with CPIMS/OLMIS in OVC programming
- Data entry & data cleaning experience in USAID OVC project would be an added advantage
- Experience in training CHVs in OVC data collection tools is a plus
- Fast typing skills; Knowledge of touch typing system is strongly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Basic understanding of databases
- Positive attitude & an open mind.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to email@example.com and Drop a hard copy in AMURT MUYEYE MALINDI OFFICE by 8th November 2019 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number as DATA/MWENDO-COAST/10/2019 on the subject line. Locals are encouraged to apply and only short listed candidates will be contacted and interview will be done on a rolling basis Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
“AMURT is committed to zero tolerance on all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff”.