AMURT seeks to recruit a qualified HIV care & treatment lead for an anticipated health program In Kenya. The Care and Treatment Technical Lead will report to the Principal investigator. In addition, she or he will provide technical support to ensure timely and quality accelerated HIV/TB service delivery in the supported project facilities. She or he will participate in the planning, coordination and evaluation of project activities designed to enhance competencies of healthcare workers on HIV/TB care and treatment, improve the quality of services and maximize coverage.
The position holder shall be responsible for leadership in implementation strategies and activities that will lead to improving access and quality while maximizing coverage of HIV/TB care and treatment services in Nairobi County.
- Deputize the Principal Investigator in oversight of the Programme and be responsible for any delegated functions.
- Provide technical leadership for the implementation of quality and efficient HIV/TB care and treatment services at all project supported health facilities.
- Design, coordinate, monitor and report on quality improvement strategies for care and treatment services.
- Supervise all activities for improving access and quality of HIV/TB care and treatment services.
- Plan and coordinate mentorship and coaching and continuous medical education (CMEs) for healthcare workers.
- Support the design and implementation of QA/QI activities at project supported facilities.
- Lead the proactive documentation of best and promising practices, success stories and lessons learnt for sharing at county, national and international forums.
- Support development of annual work plans and budgets.
- In collaboration with the County AIDS & STIs Coordinator (CASCO) and Sub County AIDS & STIs Coordinators (SCASCOs), conduct service delivery assessments and develop effective strategies to address any identified gaps.
- Hold overall responsibility for achieving project targets in care and treatment services Provide technical support to health facilities and sub counties to meet set targets
- Provide overall technical support and oversight for the integrated care and treatment services at facility and community levels in collaboration with CASCO and SCASCOs
- In collaboration with the CASCO and SCASCOs, plan, design and conduct relevant trainings for healthcare workers involved in care and treatment.
- Ensure that care and treatment services comply with existing policies, guidelines and standards and promptly disseminate care and treatment policy updates and programmatic shifts to healthcare workers.
- Lead the development of private sector engagement strategy to facilitate ART drug refills at private outlets.
- Line manage care and treatment Programme officers.
- Represent the project at relevant TWGs.
- Medical degree. MPH degree an added advantage.
- At least five years’ clinical experience in HIV/TB care and treatment programmes.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in HIV/TB management.
- Good working knowledge of HIV/TB programs, strategies, processes and techniques used to plan, develop, implement and evaluate results of HIV/AIDS programs.
- Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office Applications and experience in strategic information management is an added advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, including report writing.
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team.
- Knowledge of USG programming policies, regulations and county health department procedures and practices.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV (Not more than 3 pages), certificates and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th February 2021 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number as the email subject. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“AMURT is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child safe guarding”