Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT) is a voluntary charitable nongovernmental organization, registered in Kenya as a non-profit organization in 1993. AMURT has implemented over 22 projects countrywide and has supported and worked with local communities, local administration and organizations offering development services. AMURT’s focus areas are emergency relief, OVC support, education, health care, income generation and capacity building, HIV/AIDS, MNCH, TB control, Nutrition, WASH and Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) in 9 counties. AMURT is located in Central region, Nyanza region, Samburu County and Coastal region of Kenya.
AMURT recently won an award for KENYA HEALTH PARTNERSHIPS FOR QUALITY SERVICES (KHPQS)-OVC/DREAMS program, dabbed Tujitegemee project and seeks to recruit the following position based in coastal region.
Reports to the grants and Compliance manager. The purpose of this position is to assist the grants and compliance manager on the following
- Administer the full grant cycle of sub-award management activities, from solicitation through selection, pre-award assessment, negotiation, monitoring/compliance visits, and closeout efficiently and in a timely fashion in line with AMURT guidelines and donor requirements
- Support the grants advisor in technical support to sub awardees in management of sub grants by facilitating training and mentoring programs to strengthen their capacity to receive and manage USG and other funding’s.
- Coordinating and undertaking capacity assessment for the partners with a view of determining their ability to receive and manage program funds
- Support the grants manager in drawing annual action plans with the partners and driving the process of smooth implementation for quality programming
- Undertaking quarterly reviews on the partner’s capacity assessment action plans and continuous follow up to ensure that the capacity gaps are addressed within the stated timelines.
- Provide guidance to partners on development of annual work plans, budgets, EMMP and MEAL plans
- Manage sub grants agreements by ensuring compliance with the terms, rules, regulations, legal and regulatory requirements governing the award.
- Lead the team in monthly monitoring of sub awardee budgets, expenditure tracking, timely reporting and implementation of risk mitigating measures
- Ensure timely, accurate Monthly reporting from partners to allow consolidation and submission of the program and finance report within the set timelines
- Review and verification of expenditure, bank reconciliations and other related documentation on a monthly basis.
- Developing action plans on all findings and working with partners to initiate the recommendations and close up
- Support in Planning, coordinating, monitoring and reporting all sub grants and related grants management activities which program will carry out.
- Support the manager in coordinating all other partner’s requirements especially the annual audit and reviews
- Work closely with Grants and Compliance Manager to ensure accurate and timely disbursement and liquidation of sub-award expenses. Ensure a comprehensive review of partner budgets.
- Maintain an updated grants matrix for each sub awardee that informs regular decision making as well as used as a reference tool when reviewing partner cash requests.
- Ensure timely training of sub-grantees to understand and comply fully with funder requirements. Develop and implement institutional strengthening tools/plans for the partners.
- University degree in business administration, accounting, finance or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPAK), Certified Financial analyst (CFA) or ACCA or any other relevant certification.
- Proven experience working of at least 7 years’ experience working in humanitarian and development programming with knowledge of project cycle management.
- Experience supporting large donor funded project is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of business management.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Experience assessing the responsibility and grant-worthiness of organizations through financial statements, audits, and other documentation presented in a proposal or in support of an award.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle the pressure.
- High ethical standards.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
External: Representatives of the GOK, other consortium members, LIPs, other stakeholders including service providers.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to email@example.com by 19 th April 2021 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number as the email subject. Interview will be done on a rolling basis and Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.