Position: Finance Officer
Reports to: FINANCE & GRANTS MANAGER
Purpose of the position:
This position is responsible for the Finance & Accounting function in the MWENDO project to ensure sound Financial Practices with adequate internal controls are in place.
Planning & Budgeting
- Provide input during the budgeting process for the assigned projects.
- Coordinate the planning and budgeting process to ensure quality and realistic budgets are developed
- Ensure Planning & Budgeting guidelines are adhered to
- Ensure compliance with MWENDO guidelines and other standards
- Conduct financial analysis for management decision making.
- Develop realistic cash flow forecasts in line with the plans
- Participate in proposal writing and grant budget development.
- Periodically monitor and advice management on budget utilization
- Prepare financial data transactions into the Accounting System.
- Prepare and submit accurate project funding requests.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements monthly
- Prepare financial analyses for management decision making
- prepare and submit accurate and timely financial reports.
- Management of balance sheet accounts
- Ensure safe custody of cash and cheque book
- Ensure maintenance of up to date records of cash disbursement.
- Cash flow management to ensure compliance with target low.
- Maintain an accurate and updated fixed assets register for the Programs/Projects.
- Ensure that assets are properly utilized and safe guarded.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Accounting or Finance, Business management/ Administration or related degree
- Minimum Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Part II
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience:
- Professional membership with a recognized body is an added advantage
- Knowledge of one or more accounting system
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong budgetary and financial management and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- The person must be results oriented, able to handle public relations, able to satisfy stakeholders and a team player.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Integrity, commitment and respect for diversity
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Computer literate.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to email@example.com by 20th APRIL 2018 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number FO/MWENDO/04/2018 as the email subject. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
“AMURT is committed to zero tolerance on all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff”.
Offer ended on April 20, 2018