AMURT seeks a Business Director (BD) for an anticipated large health program in Kenya. The Business Director will report to the principle Investigator with the following as key responsibilities.
- Acts as the principal project finance accountant Directing the functions of a team of more than ten Junior accounting staff team
- Ensure prudent financial management of all Project funds in line with sound accounting principles
- Prepare donor periodical Financial reports in alignment with AMURT and Donor requirements
- Maintain files for approved grants and special projects showing:
- Agreement and donor regulations
- Approved budget and proposals
- Financial reports sent to donors
- Any other grants correspondence
- Review and where necessary provide appropriate expense codes for items requested by project staff to ensure accurate postings
- Prepare analysis of grant expenditure for management action to help in monitoring the burn rate for grants and special projects.
Compliance with grants regulations requirements
- Review expenses charged to grants for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure grant projects close out procedures are done according to the donor guidelines.
- Ensure donor requested information is submitted on time.
- Ensure grant implementation and reporting follows donor rules and regulations.
- Work closely with the procurement department to ensure compliance with grants procurement guidelines
- Reconcile with the payroll.
- Coordinate grant project audits & reviews and follow up on audit recommendations to ensure 100% implementation.
- Actively participating and facilitating in project start up workshops to ensure financial aspect of projects are fully understood.
- Field monitoring visits.
Sub grantee Management and capacity building
- Conducting due diligence for new sub-grantees to ascertain strength of partners’ systems.
- Taking lead in sub-granting process, ensuring grant agreement are well executed.
- Monitor sub-grantee financial performance and adherence to donor regulations
- Enhance financial capacity of Sub grantees through continuous training based on need and the due diligence outcomes
- Review of sub-grantee’s financial report
- Maintain records and files on each sub-grantee
Leadership and Staff Management
- Ensure strong and positive leadership is provided to fiancé administration team of the assigned grant.
- Coordinate professional and personal development of finance project staff for assigned grant through adequate orientation, on the job coaching, identification of training needs and opportunities
- Ensure effective performance management as per AMURT guidelines and standards
- Ensure staff capacity is developed to enhance efficiency in execution of duties
- Create an environment that enhances team development
- Ensure positive supervisory skills are developed
Grant Financial risk management
- Ensure all grant projects are audited according to the donor requirements.
- Ensure that findings and recommendations from audits and various donor accountability mechanisms are acted upon in a timely and effective manner in consultation with Operations Team.
- Ensure the grant operate within AMURT internal control systems to mitigate risks and ensure accountability that will result in good audit ratings
- Ensuring payroll grant charges for assigned grant are accurately captured through the system.
- Work with the donors to develop Terms of reference for special purpose grant audits.
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, or other relevant fields.
- Professional accountancy qualification (Certified Public Accountants – CPA, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants – ACCA, or equivalent membership of a recognized professional accountancy organization in good standing).
- A minimum of 7 years of experience overseeing grantee compliance with donor requirements for activities of similar dollar value
- A minimum of 7 years of experience supervising overall operations of donor-funded activities (e.g. teams of human resource, logistics, grant/contract, and finance staff).
- Demonstrated financial management, strong analytical and computer skills, with emphasis on budgeting and financial analysis.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV (Not more than 3 pages), certificates and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th February 2021 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number as the email subject. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.