AMURT is implementing a 5 year orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and DREAMS project in Kilifi and Mombasa. The project seeks to increase use of quality county-led health and social services in alignment with Kenya’s HIV and child protection policy frameworks, Kenya national action plan for children 2015-2022 and Kenya minimum OVC Quality service standards.
Purpose of position
Responsible for the organization, maintenance, updating of OVC and DREAMS databases and management information systems including CPIMS, DATIM, DREAMS and other database systems to generate quality report.
Data management (Data collection, Validation, analysis, aggregation and interpretation)
- Provide technical oversight to data collection and collation activities for the Project.
- Ensure that all Tujitegemee Databases and information systems are updated on a timely basis with quality data.
- Run relevant reports from the different databases and systems and provide indicator reports for project use.
- Provide guidance in data analysis using appropriate statistical packages (SPSS, STATA, Advanced excel among others) and consolidate data factsheets for use during learning forums, reporting and management decision making.
- Ensure verification, validation, review of results reported and presentation of findings
- Provide guidance in the filling and storage of data in recommended document libraries/platforms (both online and physical as required)
- Led the use of technology for monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning including gathering of GIS coordinates for project site locations and development of service maps.
Project Monitoring Evaluation & Learning Systems Set up
- Take lead in the development of the MEAL plan in liaison with the MEAL specialist
- Provide leadership in the implementation of a data management plan to ensure optimal project data quality, authenticity and accuracy including periodic data quality assessments, data cleaning and verification before reporting to the donor.
- In collaboration with the technical team help to develop data collection tools/ templates and other monitoring tools
- Support the digitization of all data collection tools and questionnaires during periodic surveys.
- Develop a system (both manual and digital) to track and manage community defined indicators and feedback received from the community feedback and accountability mechanisms
- Provide guidance in the review and implementation of data management systems including data security, analysis plan, dissemination aids, templates and SOPs.
- Lead the establishment and operationalization of a digital data management system and beneficiary tracking and graduation system and databases for OVC and AGYW as appropriate
- Lead the roll out and ensure proper functioning of the CPIMS, DATIM, the DREAMs Database and other project data solutions.
- Identify any system issues, support trouble shooting and maintenance of the systems.
- Lead review, and strengthen capacity of DCS, and LIPs to effectively collect, store, retrieve, use, and transmit data to inform program decisions.
- Coordinate the development of system related capacity building plans for staff and partners.
- Capacity building of project staff and partners on database use, data management, analysis, and reporting.
- Facilitate data validation in technical working groups and during learning and reflection forums
- Provide guidance on partner/stakeholder data and information sharing and dissemination protocols for authorized data as stipulated in partnership agreements
- Facilitate the use of project data by partners, staff, and other stakeholders to inform decision-making and to identify lessons learned and promising practices
Collaboration and Partner engagements 5%
- Participate and represent Tujitegemee project in data management technical working groups, including CPIMS technical working group.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Demography, Statistics, Data management, Computer Science/Information technology, Information Systems Management, or related field; a relevant master’s degree would be an added advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in biostatistics or related field; a Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least seven years of relevant professional experience in project-level data management, including development of data flow maps, data collection tools, reporting forms, and project databases. Master s will be an added advantage.
- Minimum six years’ practical experience in M&E system coordination/ implementation in a large international non-governmental organization or other international relief/development body.
- Experience in working on donor funded programs and MEAL experience in “OVC/DREAMS” with USAID and other multilateral donor funded projects is an added advantage
- Knowledge of technical principles, concepts and current approaches in MEAL.
- Excellent knowledge of SPSS and EPI Info. and/or other statistical analysis package (SAS, STATA, R)
- Excellent understanding of database design and development, database programming (in Access, SQL).
- Experience in DATIM, DHIS & CPIMS, including knowledge of OVC MER indicators and data collection tools is mandatory.
- Experience in using mobile-data collection and management software (e.g. ODK, Commcare, I-form builder, Kobo, RR collect) is required
- Knowledge of data visualization and business information software such as Tableau and Power BI will be an added advantage.
- Excellent analytic and computer skills; skilled in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access; and high-level IT skills including computer programming
- Skills in developing project M&E databases desired.
- Ability to work with large datasets.
- Ability to work and deliver under intense pressure.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd June 2021. indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number DATA MANAGER /O6/2021 as the email subject. Interview will be done on a rolling basis and Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
“AMURT is committed to zero tolerance on all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff”.