Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT) is a voluntary charitable nongovernmental organization, registered in Kenya as a non-profit organization in 1993. AMURT has implemented over 22 projects countrywide and has supported and worked with local communities, local administration and organizations offering development services. AMURT’s focus areas are emergency relief, OVC support, education, health care, income generation and capacity building, HIV/AIDS, MNCH, TB control, Nutrition, WASH and Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) in 9 counties. AMURT is located in Central region, Nyanza region, Samburu County and Coastal region of Kenya.
AMURT recently won an award for KENYA HEALTH PARTNERSHIPS FOR QUALITY SERVICES (KHPQS)-OVC/DREAMS program, and seeks to recruit the following positions based in Mombasa and Kilifi Counties.
In close collaboration with COP and DCOP, the County liaison officer will oversee and coordinate all project activities and staff and represent the program to, county government, local authorities partners and other key stakeholders, as needed. In consultation with the COP, the DCOP S/he will lead and coordinate structured engagements with County governments, support capacity building of local organizations and coordinate in-county implementation for synergy and integration. S/he will have the leadership qualities, technical expertise, management experience, interpersonal and communication skills to fulfill the requirements and achieve the goals of the program.
- Under the DCOP, H/she provide leadership for the program to achieve the planned objectives, outputs, and deliverables related to improving the quality of OVC services with strengthened systems and policy framework for coordination, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation in Mombasa/Kilifi Counties;
- Liaise closely with County governments and relevant departments to promote collaboration and enhance synergy with the project
- Support the DCOP in managing partner relations and ensuring coordinated inputs and managerial quality from partners;
- Lead capacity building strategy and oversee implementation to help move local partner and collaborating organizations towards efficiency
- Play a key role in supervising the planning and implementation of technical programming, ensuring that all activities are properly performed and coordinated across partners
- Represent the project in relevant County forums
- Promote financial management standards, transparency, and accountability in compliance with donor rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, social science or related professional advanced degree
- 6 years of experience in planning, particularly with the public sector, with two of these years being in pertinent aspects of OVC programming;
- Demonstrate understanding and skills of managing a program of the same scale and complexity, and the ability to oversee programming across technical disciplines;
- Demonstrated senior capacity building experience in building the organizational management and finance systems of local partners to effectively manage donor funding;
- Be able to cultivate and sustain working relationships with government, civil society and the private sector;
- Must be able to travel extensively to program locations within costal region and to other places as required;
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in English; and Kiswahili
- Significant experience in County engagement is strongly preferred.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th March 2021 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number as the email subject. Interview will be done on a rolling basis and Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
“AMURT is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child safe guarding.”