AMURT seeks a Chief of Party for the anticipated KENYA HEALTH PARTNERSHIPS FOR QUALITY SERVICES(KHPQS)-OVC/DREAMS program.
The Chief of Party (COP) is responsible for the overall management and operations of the project and is the key liaison with USAID. S/he supervises project implementation and ensures the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements. The COP takes a leadership role in coordination among USAID and key stakeholders and other implementing partners. The COP position requires political savvy, as s/he interacts with numerous GoK institutions and senior-level national and county-level government officials.
- Strategic Leadership and management
- Responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management of the project as well as the achievement of the goals and objectives of the project in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure strong communication and coordination with all team and consortium members as a means to effectively achieve program objectives. Encourage transparency among and between consortium members to promote coordination and effectiveness.
- Lead the planning of project activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, AMURT regulations, best practices and donor guidelines.
- Design strategies, partnerships and interventions to guarantee the project is gender and ability-sensitive and that AMURT and implementing partners are accountable to beneficiaries.
- Primary point of contact and collaboration for the team and in-country stakeholders, including USAID, implementation partners, government partners and other key stakeholders.
- The COP should embrace the shared vision for the project and effectively manage available financial and human resources to make that vision a reality.
- Strategic Engagement and Donor Relations
- Direct and oversee grant implementation, ensuring that all strategic objectives are met through proper design, staffing, implementation and quality assurance
- Represent the OVC project and AMURT to USAID, Government of Kenya, UN agencies, implementing, technical partners and other appropriate bodies.
- Ensure effective liaison with local government officials, local communities, donor representatives and other stakeholders as appropriate
- Constantly look for more effective and efficient implementation and opportunities to increase impact
- Monitoring, Reporting, Documentation & Knowledge Management
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems.
- Submit timely accurate and quality reports that meet donor requirements
- Document and disseminate project best practices, lessons learnt and success stories
- Budget Management
- Manage grant/project budget within approved spending levels and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to donors and AMURT.
- Ensure grant/project expenses are reasonable, allocated as per assigned budget, prudent and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure low risk audits
- A Master’s degree in social sciences, public health, medicine, management, business administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in a senior role leading a complex technical service delivery program of similar scope and dollar value.
- Seven years of demonstrated experience in partnership building, especially with government representatives, donors, the private sector, and local community organizations.
- Proven ability to manage technical assistance teams and ability to integrate teams of professionals around common goals
- Familiarity with USAID and PEPFAR programs, their history and their development; mastery of USAID regulations governing such programs
- Excellent managerial and operational experience, preferably in managing large donor projects involving coordination
- Past experience of working with USG supported projects and knowledge of financial rules and regulations at a senior level.
- Experience in developing program work-plans, budgets, managing implementation, staff and short-term technical assistance.
- Excellent performance track record
- Experience in integrating teams of professionals around common goals and motivating through visionary leadership.
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills,
- Excellent Relational skill s
- Keen understanding of the unique political dynamics of the country and ability to work carefully and collaboratively and maintain performance expectations in diverse cultures
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV (Not more than 3 pages), certificates and relevant testimonials to email@example.com by 22nd August 2020 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number as the email subject. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
“AMURT is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child safe guarding.”