USAID 4BetterHealth Project is a 5 years’ PEPFAR USAID-funded project with St. John’s Community Centre’s (SJCC) as the prime partner and the overall lead in a consortium of five partners.
Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT) as a consortium partner will provide Technical assistance to consortium members LIPs to enhance CMA competence and referral systems for OVC service delivery improvement
This is a service delivery activity focusing on OVC affected or infected by HIV/AIDS. The Project Goal is: To improve the quality of life of OVC and their families by providing greater access to and uptake of quality health and social services. The Geographical coverage includes; Kajiado, Nakuru, Muranga, Machakos, Makueni, and Kitui Counties
To deliver the above Technical role, AMURT seeks to recruit qualified persons to fill the PROJECT OFFICER –HOUSEHOLD ECONOMIC STRENGTHENING ( REF NO: PO/HES /4BH/01/2022).
The Project Officer- House Hold Economic Strengthening (HES) will be responsible for efficient and effective roll-out of HES activities in targeted counties within the He/ She will implement, monitor and report age appropriate and gender -responsive project activities on HES. This will also entail capacity strengthening through training, accompaniment, and technical support to field and LIPs staff in support of 4 Better Health project. The PO –HES will appropriately work with the Private Sector to link savings groups with Financial Education (FE) marketing training, Private sector financing, entrepreneurship and franchising opportunities. His/her thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving livelihoods and economic wellbeing for targeted beneficiaries. H/she will coordinate closely with. other 4 Better Health Project Officers to contribute to a holistic, integrated, and comprehensive project implementation
- Support the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of all HES project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with 4 Better Health Project quality principles and standards, donor requirements, GOK requirements, and good practices.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Assist local implementing partners (LIPs) in their efforts to reflect on project experiences
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting LIPs in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with LIPs to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Provide capacity strengthening to LIP staff through trainings, workshops, facilitated group interactions, as well as accompaniment through regular communication, and site visits to support the successful implementation and monitoring of HES project activities.
- Collect information on technical assistance needs of LIPs, provide technical support and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities and assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices. Actively engage in dissemination and use of relevant knowledge in the field.
- Represent 4 Better Health project in meetings at county and cluster levels, working groups, and other events as requested, to support forging relations with the GOK, LIPs, other stakeholders, and the community.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all assigned project activities per donor and 4 Better Health project standards and established schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Natural Resource Management, Social Sciences or a related field. Master’s degree will be added advantage
- 6 years work experience in household economic strengthening Project for Vulnerable households
- In-depth understanding of donor expectations for Project results, outcomes, impact, and reporting.
- At least 4 years’ experience on Savings-led Microfinance models- SILC, VSLA, Community-based savings for empowerment- Saving for Change etc
- Experience in economic strengthening of communities through social assistance, asset growth and promotion and income growth.
- Knowledge and experience of SMART Skills and Pathway to Prosperity and their application in improving livelihoods
- Experience in participatory action planning and engagement of stakeholders at various levels.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong communication, relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings
- Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
- Good technical writing skills
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Detail- oriented and excellent time management skills
- Able to clearly communicate in written and spoken English
Based in Nakuru with Up to 80% of the time to travel to project sites
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: HES officers
Reports to Programs in charge-AMURT
External: Private Sector Providers, Community, LIPs, and relevant GOK departments.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates, and relevant testimonials to email@example.com by 11th February 2021 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number PO/HES /4BH/01/2022 as the email subject. The interview will be done on a rolling basis and Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
“AMURT is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child safeguarding.”