Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT) is a voluntary charitable nongovernmental organization, registered in Kenya as a non-profit organization in 1993. AMURT has implemented over 22 projects countrywide and has supported and worked with local communities, local administration and organizations offering development services. AMURT’s focus areas are health care, emergency relief, OVC support, education, income generation and capacity building, HIV/AIDS, MNCH, TB control, Nutrition, WASH and Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) in 9 counties within Kenya. AMURT has presence in Central region, Nyanza region, Nairobi, Samburu County and Coastal region of Kenya and wishes to fill in the following position for USAID-funded program in Nairobi County for a period of one year. The project aims to support facility-based adherence and PSS for PLHIV in 22 health facilities within Nairobi County.
- Provision of initial counseling to new clients from CCC.
- Continuous counseling to ongoing clients.
- Facilitation of pediatrics, adolescents and adult (new ART clients & non-suppressed clients) PSS groups.
- Encourage adherence on ARVs
- Provide clients with accurate and appropriate information on SRH and ARVs
- Compile and submit weekly/monthly report to the Project Officer.
- Implement project activities under the guidance/supervision of the Project Officer
- Providing enhanced adherence counseling to non-virally suppressed clients as part of the viraemia clinics.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Diploma in counseling/psychology from a recognized institution
- 2 years’ experience in adherence counselling and working with PLHIV
- NASCOP training on adherence counselling will be an added advantage.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th September 2018 indicating current and expected Salary. For more details on job description visit www.amurtafrica.org Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number and the name of the preferred health facility as the email subject. Those already performing similar tasks in facilities are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification. Applications will be processed on a rolling basis and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Offer ended on September 17, 2018