Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT) is a voluntary charitable nongovernmental organization, registered in Kenya as a non-profit organization in 1993. AMURT has implemented over 22 projects countrywide and has supported and worked with local communities, local administration and organizations offering development services. AMURT’s focus areas are health care, emergency relief, OVC support, education, income generation and capacity building, HIV/AIDS, MNCH, TB control, Nutrition, WASH and Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) in 9 counties within Kenya. AMURT has presence in Central region, Nyanza region, Nairobi, Samburu County and Coastal region of Kenya and wishes to fill in the following position for USAID-funded program in Nairobi County for a period of one year. The project aims to support facility-based adherence and PSS for PLHIV in 22 health facilities within Nairobi County.
- Key liaison person with SCHMT, SCASCO and other MOH Officials
- Coordinate and support Treatment Preparation & Adherence (TPA) counsellors in formation and Strengthening of Support groups including targeting Pediatrics, Adolescents, New ART clients and Non-suppressed clients
- Link with Health facility on support groups.
- Coordinate TPA counsellors to effectively conduct project activities
- Coordinate Adherence counselling in facility
- Organize and facilitate quality review meetings/Debriefing with TPAs
- Compilation of regular progress reports and weekly updates for submission to the Programs Manager, health facility in-charges and other stakeholders (as may be required)
- Carry out any other responsibility as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Degree in Psychology and Counselling or Sociology, Social Work or related social sciences
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Adherence Counselling, especially for PLHIV
- NASCOP training on Adherence Counseling is an added advantage
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to email@example.com by 17th September 2018 indicating current and expected Salary. For more details on job description visit www.amurtafrica.org Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number and the name of the preferred health facility as the email subject. Those already performing similar tasks in facilities are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification. Applications will be processed on a rolling basis and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Offer ended on September 17, 2018