Job Title: HES Officer (1 position based in Rarieda)
Reports To: Project Coordinator
Position Type: Fixed Term
REF NO HES/MWENDO/04/2018
AMURT is implementing a 5-year orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) program, dubbed MWENDO in Partnership with CRS, which seeks to empower local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV and child protection systems and services and the linkages between them, including cross-sectoral service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery for OVC, Caregivers and their households.
Reporting to the LIP Project Coordinator, the HES project officer is responsible for overall rollout of economic strengthening activities, ensuring the project meets its objectives and targets. The HES officer working closely with relevant government ministries and other technical agencies and private sector to provide training and technical support to Field agent supervisors with focus in implementing SILC activities, financial education to the caregivers, support caregivers initiate Income Generating activities, profiling of smallholder farmers to increase production and engage with markets. The HES Officer will directly supervise field Agent supervisors and the data capture clerk, and indirectly supervises a team of SILC Field Agents. He/She will develop HES operational plans, monitors their execution, and prepares periodic project performance reports.
Project Coordination and Supervision
- Works with the project team members to develop responsive monthly workplans and ensures prudent allocation and utilization of resources.
- Holds regular staff and community meetings to review progress, address emerging issues and plan for subsequent actions.
- Coordinate all support supervision activities by SILC supervisors ensuring that field agents are adequately provided with the support they need to undertake their roles.
- Continually communicates to the project Coordinator and MWENDO technical officers on project progress, challenges and support required to deliver on the project objectives.
- Ensures that all the activities being implemented are conducted within a process that enhances community ownership, participation and contribution for sustainability.
Service delivery to OVC and their caregivers
- Work closely with the project Coordinator, Case Management and System strengthening Project Officers to develop case plans and support implementation of HES interventions.
- Supports project team members in implementation of key activities that includes: recruit Field Agent supervisors and Field Agents, Map and define agent operating areas, support agent certification, PSP launches and PSP network formation.
- Takes lead in the implementation of the House hold Economic strengthening approaches to OVC and their Supports HES project team members to work with the community based workforce to deliver services to OVC caregivers. These services shall include but not limited to trainings on SILC PSP model, CRS SMART skills modules, Financial literacy, marketing basics and 7 Steps of Marketing and value chains analysis and roll out MWENDO emergency Fund.
- Work with project team to link OVC not in school to CAP -YEI and other relevant empowerment programs
- Works with the DCS and Private Sector Actors to advocate for linkage of caregivers to GOK cash transfers, in kind agricultural support and other subsidies.
- Works with GoK departments and county government departments to offer extension services to strengthen the capacity of producer groups and SILC farmer groups.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge management
- Conducts routine support supervisions and spot checks to project sites and Field Supervisors, Field agents and SILC groups to ensure quality service delivery to OVC and their caregivers.
- Works with M&E team to ensure that the they adequately undertake their M and E functions within the acceptable project standards for effective data entry, analysis, reporting and accountability for results.
- Supports project team members to identify, document, and disseminate knowledge products to build on evidence based practices in Household Economic strengthening initiatives.
- Responsible for timely monthly and quarterly donor reporting. Ensures that the M and E team effectively utilize SILC MIS, and manage data and use data for decision making.
Supervises Field Agent Supervisors and data capture clerks.
- A diploma (with at least 3 years of relevant experience) or a Bachelor’s degree (with at least 2 years’ experience’) in Social Sciences, Agriculture, Micro Finance, Business Administration, project Management or related field from a recognized institution of learning.
- Specialized knowledge of and experience with savings group programming—with a preference for community-agent and/or fee-for-service approaches.
- Relevant experience in Community development focusing on sustainable livelihood approaches, project monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
- Familiarity with integrating savings groups in OVC programming.
- Excellent analytic and computer skills; skilled in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Excellent report writing skills.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven Leadership ability and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, team work and ability to prioritize tasks in a timely manner
- Sound coordination skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates diplomacy, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Professional proficiency in one or more local languages of the operational area
- Ability to ride a motorcycle – (Added advantage)
- Valid motorcycle permit
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to email@example.com by 20th APRIL 2018 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number HES/MWENDO/04/2018
as the email subject. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
Offer ended on April 20, 2018