Position: Finance Officer
Reports to: FINANCE & GRANTS MANAGER
Purpose of the position:
This position is responsible for the Finance & Accounting function in the MWENDO project to ensure sound Financial Practices with adequate internal controls are in place.
Planning & Budgeting
- Provide input during the budgeting process for the assigned projects.
- Coordinate the planning and budgeting process to ensure quality and realistic budgets are developed
- Ensure Planning & Budgeting guidelines are adhered to
- Ensure compliance with MWENDO guidelines and other standards
- Conduct financial analysis for management decision making.
- Develop realistic cash flow forecasts in line with the plans
- Participate in proposal writing and grant budget development.
- Periodically monitor and advice management on budget utilization
- Prepare financial data transactions into the Accounting System.
- Prepare and submit accurate project funding requests.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements monthly
- Prepare financial analyses for management decision making
- prepare and submit accurate and timely financial reports.
- Management of balance sheet accounts
- Ensure safe custody of cash and cheque book
- Ensure maintenance of up to date records of cash disbursement.
- Cash flow management to ensure compliance with target low.
- Maintain an accurate and updated fixed assets register for the Programs/Projects.
- Ensure that assets are properly utilized and safe guarded.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Accounting or Finance, Business management/ Administration or related degree
- Minimum Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Part II
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience:
- Professional membership with a recognized body is an added advantage
- Knowledge of one or more accounting system
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong budgetary and financial management and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- The person must be results oriented, able to handle public relations, able to satisfy stakeholders and a team player.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Integrity, commitment and respect for diversity
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Computer literate.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th APRIL 2018 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number FO/MWENDO/04/2018 as the email subject. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
Offer ended on April 20, 2018